The Center for Growth & Development offers comprehensive intervention programs for children with special needs. Our expertise includes design and implementation of verbal behavior and natural environment programming to teach receptive and expressive language, play skills, self help skills, social skills, theory of mind (social cognition), executive functioning, pre-academic and academic skills.
Our staff is skilled in providing a wide range of services including:
- Intensive 1:1 instruction (discrete trial, natural environment teaching, errorless teaching)
- Shadowing in school and community locations
- Facilitation of peer play dates
- Social skills groups
- Consultative services
- Training for school districts and service providers
- Collaboration/co-treatment with speech and occupational therapy professionals.
Additionally, we develop and implement behavior support plans, develop IEPs and IFSPs, participate in PPT meetings, and conduct assessments including ABLLS, AFLS, and VBMAPP.
Short term intensive ABA programs are available to children visiting the Connecticut area from afar.